My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Overflowing. Christ-follower. Adoring wife. Mother. Francophile. Lover of languages. Aspiring chef. Wanderluster. Dabbler. Communicator. Free spirited, but powerfully attached.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I see London, I see… ?

Last night, with only four days left in Paris, I witnessed something so terrible that it made me want to get on a plane and leave right away.

I saw my host “dad” naked.

Let me start by saying that IT WAS NOT MY FAULT. As I blogged about earlier, my host family was SUPPOSED to be at one of their country homes. I know now that Guillaume, my host dad, left work too late and they weren’t able to leave till this morning.

So ANYWAY, I thought it was just me and Eug at the house, and she was in the shower. I had left my grammar book on the kitchen table, so I went downstairs to retrieve it. I heard the TV on in the next room, and I thought I must have accidentally left it on after watching “Superman” in French earlier (it was really something, let me tell ya), so I continued into the next room to turn it off.

It took me a second after I entered the room to realize that Guillaume was sitting NAKED on the couch, watching TV.

Of course, I freaked out and just screamed “Désolée! Désolée!” (Sorry) and averted my eyes.

Guillaume, meanwhile, didn’t move a muscle. He just said casually, “Ce n’est pas grave.” (It’s no big deal.)

My thoughts: Ummm…
a) Why are you still here?
b) Why are you naked?
c) Why are you—Omigah, you’re sitting on the couch?!

By the way, I am NOT going to sit on that couch EVER again.

Weirded out,

Kate

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwww! Will you need counseling when you get back? Love, Meeme

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahhahahhahahaha
-bro

10:47 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Lol! That would have been really strange. On a related note, this week in Austin...

Nudists plan week of Austin events

A celebration of freedom and accepting the human body began this week as the American Association for Nude Recreation celebrates its 75th anniversary with its annual Nude Recreation Week, which includes nationwide events designed to invite people into the community of nudism and bring public awareness to the true values of the way of life, said Carolyn Hawkins, spokeswoman of the association.

Maybe your host dad got the memo. :)

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SICK! your poor eyeballs!

-SB

8:56 PM  
Blogger Abigail Boatwright said...

hahaha LOL! DESOLE!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home