My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Overflowing. Christ-follower. Adoring wife. Mother. Francophile. Lover of languages. Aspiring chef. Wanderluster. Dabbler. Communicator. Free spirited, but powerfully attached.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Oh No—UNO!

So… remember last week when I wrote about a man that jumped onto the tracks in the metro? Well, this morning it was a dog, which (and I hope this isn’t a terrible thing to say) in some ways seemed more heartwrenching than when the man jumped.

Worst of all, he was a Wire Fox Terrier, the same kind as Uno, my nephew dog (the dog jointly owned by my brother Matt and his awesome gf Steph). He had been on the same train as me before the incident too, and I took a bunch of secret pictures to show Steph! I was super excited when both the dog, his owner, and I got off the train at the same time to switch lines.

(I'm sorry the quality of the photos is so poor; I turned the flash off so as to be less creepy, and the trains shake a little bit.)

Here's fake Uno taking a nap under a seat in the metro.



Here's fake Uno waking up from his nap. Almost time to get off the train!



Fake Uno caught me looking at him and gave me a big smile. Awww!



We were walking together to the platform for Line 9 and I was getting ready to tell the woman how much I loved her dog, blah blah blah (like I do to the owner of every Westie I see), and just like that, the leash was out of her hands and the pup was in the voie, the pit where the trains run.

The woman panicked and ran to press the emergency button, stopping all the trains on that line. I stuck around for a few minutes, the metro security people showed up, and at that point I knew I was going to be late to school if I didn’t take another metro line.

In hindsight, I can’t believe I didn’t get pictures of the Uno in the voie. It really was the most pathetic thing you’ve ever seen.

I’m pretty sure you’re not supposed to bring dogs into the metro anyway.

It's 4:00 (in Paris). Do you know where YOUR Uno is?

Lemme know,

Kate

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

he didnt die right???
im gonna be honest that doesnt seem to be a very efficient way of killing yourself. so far the mortality rate of throwing yourself into the "voie" is 0.
i mean cmon are there NO guns in france???
anyways have fern in france.
♥ bro

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uno's WAY cuter than "fake Uno", right?!?!?

Please tell me the fake Uno's okay.

Love the pics! Wish I knew how to post some to compare. :-)

~ way-cool-gf-of-your-bro-Matt

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Katie. I just wanna quote Jay Leno about the French soccer ending with, "That's as close as any Frenchman has gotten to battle in 50 years". Haha. Anyway, I hope fake Uno was ok. I am looking forward to seeing ya at our birthday party. I have missed ya. Take care.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is crazy! And so sad....P.S. you and I need to talk about a plan that I have ;)

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is crazy! And so sad....P.S. you and I need to talk about a plan that I have ;)

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home