My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Overflowing. Christ-follower. Adoring wife. Mother. Francophile. Lover of languages. Aspiring chef. Wanderluster. Dabbler. Communicator. Free spirited, but powerfully attached.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Ode to Sabrina: HAIRCUT!

All right, so remember from the movie "Sabrina" how the mousey heroine travels to Paris and comes back all chic and French-ified? Well, I know what she was going through. I've only been here for three weeks, but I already am DYING to get my hair cut. Unfortunately, I can't use any of my hair-straightening appliances here (probably has something to do with the fact that I've blown out two voltage converters), so I'm not getting it cut in France. My dear mother has kindly scheduled an appointment for me the morning after I return.

My hair is pretty long right now, more than halfway down my back. I used to have haircut-o-phobia, but I want something a little more sophisticated. Suggestions?

I guess this will be an instapoll, and I'm sorry if it's a little vain. This is a HUGE step for me. I truly have not gotten my hair cut into any kind of real style since I was in eighth grade, so I need help! I've just gone to Great Clips for trims, pretty much.

But anyway, males and females alike, I beseech you: Give me some coiffeurial counsel!

Helpless,

Kate

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure did watch Sabrina this weekend! miss you, lady!

Ballard

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great blogification tonight! Thanks. I will keep my eyes peeled for a good cut for you. Mom got the shortest cut in years, and it looks great. I'm sure your's will too. Sounds like you and Mich had a great time. We need pics. Don't wait another week to blog....
Love, Dad

8:42 PM  
Blogger the bandit said...

You're like Texas precipitation in your blogging style. Drought, drought, drought, FLOOD! ;)

I now operate under a strictly "no cut" policy. Once it was more lenient, but that allowed evil forces to gain a foothold against the American freedom of long hair. No more! Stand firm!

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How short are you wanting to go? Hmm... let's see... I'll need to get back to you. I actually bought a Star mag today filled w/ 12 pages of new summer hair styles, so I'll be back w/ ideas.

Ciao. SC

7:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw Sabrina this weekend and cut my hair myself right during the movie. That movie is dangerous and should be banned!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home