My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Overflowing. Christ-follower. Adoring wife. Mother. Francophile. Lover of languages. Aspiring chef. Wanderluster. Dabbler. Communicator. Free spirited, but powerfully attached.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

You've got mail!

Today I'm participating in a whirlwind celebration for all of the June babies I'm studying with (there was a birthday yesterday, there's one today, and my new good friend Katie has one tomorrow). We're about to head to a café for a late lunch, then we're shopping, getting ready, and going to Odèon, the student district, for some birthday craziness. Basically that's a very extended way of saying I only have a moment to post.

But I have three pieces of news: I got my first real letter today! Gold star for Philip Roy. Thanks, dude; I'll write you back as soon as I buy some paper (haha). It really made my day to get a letter! WOOT!

There was another envelope in my inbox this morning, and that's my second piece of news: I, along with eight of my fellow classmates, won a trivia contest! My prize is an awesome ticket to the ballet at Salle Richelieu next Wednesday! They're going to be performing one of Molière and Lully's comédie ballets, and I'll be in the first balcony. Quelle chance! I have an excuse to wear the fancy dress that I brought. And yes, you can expect PLENTY of pictures.

And the FINAL piece of news: I was scared that I was going to have to be out of town on my birthday for work, but I just found out I'm not leaving until July 20, the day AFTER my birthday. Who wants to come to my party? ;-)

Okay, they're leaving me. I gotta run, but thanks for reading! More to come.

Kate

P.S. Tomorrow I'm going to Giverny for the day, in Normandie. I'll make sure to take plenty of pictures for you World War II buffs (Dad).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're definitely going to celebrate your 21st! I'll take off from work. Sound good?

Steph C.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in for birthday extravaganza fun! love ya, miss kate!
-Ballard

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home